6. Dubai has no sewer system, instead they use poop trucks to haul the entire cities’ excrement away.
7. After the global financial crisis in 2008, many exotic cars were abandoned all over Dubai and its airport. Most of these cars were bought with easy credit during the boom and the owners were unable to meet car payments after job cutbacks due to financial recession
8. In Dubai, you must obtain a “liquor license” to drink from the privacy of your own home.
9. Despite being a major oil exporter, the UAE asks for a renewal of the Kyoto protocol and is a major investor in solar power.
10. People living over the 80th floor of Dubai’s tallest building in the world have to wait 2 extra minutes before breaking their fast during the holy month of Ramadan because they will be able to see the sun longer than those on the ground.